I am a Californian resident, how do I exercise my rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)?
Please go to our Privacy Notice here. In our Privacy Notice, we explain the various ways that you can exercise your rights. You can opt-out of us selling your personal information, submit a subject access request, or request that we erase your personal information.
If you have any further questions, please contact our Data Protection Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read our full terms and conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS - WEBSITE
These Terms and Conditions and your use of our website are governed by English law and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English court. This does not affect your non-excludable statutory rights.
This website and our Terms and Conditions have been designed for use within the United Kingdom and under UK law.
Whilst we are happy to consider requests for products and enquiries from outside the United Kingdom, we give no warranty, express or implied, that the use of this website or the placing of any order through this website from outside the UK complies with any applicable non-UK laws or regulations. Accordingly, any products or promotions not permitted under your local law are not offered to you.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS - EMAIL CORRESPONDENCE
Any emails sent, their contents and any attachments to it are private and confidential. Any unauthorised disclosure, use or dissemination of the whole or part of the message (without our prior written consent) is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately. Neither we nor the sender accepts any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan attachments (if any).
The content of any emails do not necessarily reflect our views or those of our officers and we take no responsibility for the views of the author. Emails sent and received may be read by people other than the intended recipient and may be monitored to ensure efficient operation of our email systems. Incoming and outgoing telephone calls to our offices may be monitored or recorded for training and quality control purposes and for confirming orders and information.
WRAP LONDON COMPETITIONS
Pinterest Pin to Win
The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows:
- The winning entrant will be able to choose their favourite piece from the collection, up to the value of $180.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without prior warning. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The winner will be notified directly on Pinterest within 14 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 28 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner how the prize can be redeemed.
- The promoter's decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
WHAT IS WRAP DOING TO HELP
Over the last 20 years we have made significant donations to large, multinational charities like Water Aid, British Red Cross and Just one Ocean as well as smaller local ones with connections to our staff and their families like LOROS - a hospice near us in Leicester, Coalville Stroke Club and Crohn's & Colitis UK.
We don’t normally talk about this sort of activity as we do it to support the charities, not for our benefit. However, we have been asked if we are doing anything to support the NHS during this critical time. Our operational skills are not what is needed right now but we are working with Help Force a charity linked to the NHS donating clothes and nightwear to both patients and key workers at various hospitals across the country.
CONFORMITY OF GOODS
We take every care to ensure that the description and specification of our products are correct. However, specifications and descriptions of products on this website are not intended to be binding and are intended only to give a general description of the products.
Furthermore, while the colour reproduction of the products is a close representation, we cannot accept any responsibility for any variation in colour caused by the browser software or computer system used by you.
We remind you that we are under a legal duty to supply goods which are in conformity with our contract with you.
COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK
The copying, modification, distribution, reproduction, or incorporation into any other work of part or all of the material available on this website in any form is prohibited without permission.
Selective Marketplace, trading as Wrap London and Poetry
As well as Wrap London, we have a second brand Poetry. The design and marketing team for both brands is effectively one team of about fourteen people. There are some within that team that are focused on one brand or the other but we sit in an open-plan space, working together and sharing ideas. As a result the two brands have many shared values: a love of beautiful, predominantly natural fibres is at the core of both; the look for both brands is relaxed and informal; our corporate values of respect and honesty and our long-term focus reflected in both brands.
If you find Wrap London appeals to you, there is a good chance you will also find things you like from Poetry so we will send you a catalogue once you order from Wrap London. If you would like to see the Poetry collection now, click here to visit the website where you can also sign up for our email newsletters.
Selective Marketplace, 2 Rothley Lodge, Loughborough Rd, Leicester, LE7 7NL.
Registered in England no. 1566688
Read our complete privacy notice
Selective Marketplace Limited trading as Wrap London ("we" or "us") takes the privacy of your information very seriously. Our Privacy Notice is designed to tell you, the user of our services about our practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information which may be provided to us via our websites, associated apps and other digital products we provide or collected through other means such as an online form, email, or telephone communication.
This notice applies to the information provided by our users, whether they are a customer or otherwise. In this notice "you" refers to any individual whose personal data we hold or process (other than our staff). In this notice references to the "Site" are references to any website, app or other means by which you provide personal data to us or access our services.
This notice is governed by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the "GDPR") and any other applicable data or privacy legislation (including the UK GDPR, as and when it is implemented into UK data protection law).
BASIS ON WHICH WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
Personal data we hold about you will be processed either because:
- you have consented to the processing for the specific purposes described in this notice;
- the processing is necessary in order for us to comply with our obligations under a contract between you and us; or
- the processing is necessary in pursuit of a "legitimate interest", a legitimate interest in this context means a valid interest we have or a third party has in processing your personal data which is not overridden by your interests in data privacy and security.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We may collect and process the following personal data (information that can be uniquely identified with you) about you:
- log-in details and information you provide when setting up an account on the Site ("Login Information");
- profile information you provide to us relating to your account or profile with us ("Account Information");
- contact information we collect from you (for example, your name, address, telephone number, email address) ("Contact Information");
- information we collect which relates to orders you have placed with us, including products you have ordered, shipping destinations the price of products you have ordered and any customisation ("Order Information");
- information provided to us relating to payment including credit or debit card details ("Payment Information");
- a record and details of any correspondence or communication between you and us or relating to any complaint submitted to us ("Communication Information");
- details of your visits to the Site, the resources and pages that you access and any searches you make ("Technical Information");
Generally we collect personal data directly, but we may obtain data from third parties from time to time. For instance we may licence data from a postcode database in order to ensure efficient shipping. If we do obtain your personal data from a third party your privacy rights under this notice are not affected and you are still able to exercise the rights contained within this notice.
You do not have to supply any personal information to us but the Site may not be operable without providing data to us. In particular we will be unable to fulfil an order without collecting some personal data from you.
You may withdraw our authority to process your personal data (or request that we restrict our processing – see your privacy rights below) at any time but we will be entitled to complete any orders we are then processing and we may need to withhold some personal data for legal or other reasons.
A cookie is a piece of data stored locally on your computer and contains information about your activities on the Internet. The information in a cookie does not contain any personally identifiable information you submit to our Site.
Remembers who you are for the duration of your visit and what is in your shopping bag. Contains no personally identifiable information or credit card details. The website wouldn’t work for you without them.
Allows us to remember what's in your shopping bag when you return to the site.
Necessary for the product review facility to work correctly.
These cookies allow us to see how people use our site, for example how they get to our site, how long they spend on the site and whether they're first-time visitors.
Once you close your browser, our access to the cookie terminates. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. To change your browse settings you should go to your advanced preferences.
If you choose not to accept the cookies, this will not affect your access to the majority of information available on our Site. However, you will not be able to make full use of our online services.
An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), so you can access the Internet. We may use your IP address to diagnose problems with our server, report aggregate information, and determine the fastest route for your computer to use in connecting to our Site, and to administer and improve the Site.
HOW WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Please see the table below, which sets out the manner in which we will process the different types of personal data we hold:
Type of data
Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest
When you register with the Site
Performance of a contract with you
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to obtain necessary information in order to provide our services)
When you update or amend your account details
Performance of a contract with you
When we fulfil an order for products placed with us
Performance of a contract with you
Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business and to provide you with products and services requested)
When you seek to cancel or change an order
Performance of a contract with you
Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business and to provide you with products and services requested and to fulfil our statutory obligations)
Necessary to comply with legal obligation
To manage our relationship with you which will include:
(a) Notifying you about changes to our terms or privacy notice
(b) Asking you to leave a review or take a survey
(c) When you submit a complaint
Performance of a contract with you
Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use the services we provide)
To administer and protect our business, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data
Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation)
Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
To use data analytics to improve the Site, services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
For any category of personal data not specifically defined in this notice, and unless otherwise specified by applicable law, the required retention period for any personal data will be deemed to be 7 years from the date of receipt by us of that data.
The retention periods stated in this notice can be prolonged or shortened as may be required (for example, in the event that legal proceedings apply to the data or if there is an on-going investigation into the data).
We review the personal data (and the categories of personal data) we are holding on a regular basis to ensure the data we are holding is still relevant to our business and is accurate. If we discover that certain data we are holding is no longer necessary or accurate, we will take reasonable steps to correct or delete this data as may be required.
If you wish to request that data we hold about you is amended or deleted, please refer to 'Your Privacy Rights' below.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We do not disclose any personal data you provide to any third parties other than as follows:
- If you place an order personal information relevant to your delivery will be provided to our shipping partner;
- We may host personal data with third party hosting partners;
- Certain third party suppliers including technical support providers may have access to personal data;
- where we carry out research to gain an insight into the use of our services, the results of this research (but not your personal data itself) may be transferred to interested third parties;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example, if required to do so by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime);
- in order to enforce any terms and conditions or agreements for our services that may apply;
- we may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of a sale of some or all of our business and assets to any third party or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation, but we will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected;
- to protect our rights, property and safety, or the rights, property and safety of our users or any other third parties. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- When you first ordered from Poetry you were asked if you were happy to receive mailings and offers from third party companies. Third party companies are largely other mail order fashion businesses whose products we thought might interest you but also may include companies that sell homewares or garden furniture. Occasionally we may also make our mailing list available to established charities. We reach these other companies and charities directly or via a data co-operative. A data co-operative collects data and customer information across a range of different categories from a pool of US retailers. Who then analyses that information to help the participating companies understand customers' wider buying patterns. This in turn enables companies to tailor their communications, sending people suitable offers based on what they like to buy.
See a list of the data co-operatives we participate in below:
We work with Epsilon Abacus (registered as Epsilon International UK Ltd), a company that manages the Abacus Alliance on behalf of UK retailers. The participating retailers are active in the following product categories: clothing, collectables, food & wine, gardening, gadgets & entertainment, health & beauty, household goods, and home interiors.
They share information on what their customers buy. Epsilon Abacus analyses this pooled information to help retailers understand consumers’ wider buying patterns. From this information, retailers can tailor their communications, sending people suitable offers that should be of interest to them, based on what they like to buy.
WE ARE NOT YOUR TYPICAL DATA COOPERATIVE
We are a data driven team that engages with brands who strive to provide relevant marketing to consumers. Path2Response is comprised of data visionaries and cutting edge technologists. Together, we are blazing a path to help our clients acquire new customers. We actively partner with our clients to provide innovative, data based solutions that allow them to create and maintain profitable relationships with their customers.
We enable retailers and catalogers to identify new valuable customers by combining our data, technology, and experience for better results.
Wiland is a leading provider of business intelligence and data-driven marketing solutions. Regardless of channel—digital, direct mail, email—marketers rely on us to deliver highly responsive marketing audiences that fuel their organizations' growth and profitability. Wiland clients span a wide range of sectors including multichannel retail, publishing, nonprofit, political, home and personal services, financial services, travel and hospitality, and automotive.
Oracle Marketing Cloud is an all-in-one solution that helps retail marketers develop direct relationships with customers through seamlessly orchestrated cross-channel digital experiences—online and offline—that facilitate and strengthen customer interactions across a constantly growing list of digital touchpoints.
Other than as set out above, we shall not disclose any of your personal information unless you give us permission to do so . If we do supply your personal information to a third party we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights are protected and that third party complies with the terms of this notice.
- UNSUBSCRIBING FROM OUR CATALOGUES
From time to time we will send you catalogues by post. If you no longer wish to receive postal mailings from us, please click here and provide us with your name, address and account number, which can be found on the back of your latest catalogue.
Please note catalogues are printed in advance so you may receive one further mailing after opting out.
- UNSUBSCRIBING FROM OUR NEWSLETTERS
We will ask you for your email address so that we can send you an order confirmation and any further delivery information. From time to time we will send you special offers and promotions. If you no longer wish to receive these promotions, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any newsletter.
- CAN I GO BACK ON YOUR MAILING LIST?
If you have previously asked us not to send catalogues and promotions by post but have changed your mind please click here to go back on our mailing list.
- OPTING OUT OF THIRD-PARTY MAILINGS
If you have now changed your mind and no longer want third party mailings, please click here and provide your name, address and account number, which can be found on the back of your latest catalogue. Please note we never pass on your email address to third parties for marketing purposes.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that appropriate technical and organisational measures are carried out in order to safeguard the information we collect from you and protect against unlawful access and accidental loss or damage. These measures may include (as necessary):
- protecting our servers by both hardware and software firewalls;
- locating our data processing storage facilities in secure locations;
- encrypting all data stored on our server with an industry standard encryption method that encrypts the data between your computer and our server so that in the event of your network being insecure no data is passed in a format that could easily be deciphered;
- disposing or deleting your data securely;
- regularly backing up and encrypting all data we hold.
We will ensure that our employees are aware of their privacy and data security obligations. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the employees of third parties working on our behalf are also aware of their privacy and data security obligations.
This notice and our procedures for handling personal data will be reviewed as necessary.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use the strict procedures and security features referred to in this clause to try to prevent unauthorised access.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
The GDPR gives you the following rights in respect of personal data we hold about you:
The right to be informed
You have a right to know about our personal data protection and data processing activities, details of which are contained in this notice.
The right of access
You can make what is known as a Subject Access Request ("SAR") to request information about the personal data we hold about you (free of charge, save for reasonable expenses for repeat requests). If you wish to make a SAR please contact us as described below.
The right to correction
Please inform us if information we hold about you is incomplete or inaccurate in any way and we will update our records as soon as possible, but in any event within one month.
We will take reasonable steps to communicate the change to any third parties to whom we have passed the same information.
The right to erasure (the 'right to be forgotten')
Please notify us if you no longer wish us to hold personal data about you (although in practice it is not possible to provide our services without holding your personal data). Unless we have reasonable grounds to refuse the erasure, on receipt of such a request we will securely delete the personal data in question within one month. The data may continue to exist in certain backup, but we will take steps to ensure that it will not be accessible.
We will communicate the erasure to any third parties to whom we have passed the same information.
The right to restrict processing
You can request that we no longer process your personal data in certain ways, whilst not requiring us to delete the same data.
The right to data portability
You have right to receive copies of personal data we hold about you in a commonly used and easily storable format (please let us know a format which suits you). You may also request that we transfer your personal data directly to third party (where technically possible).
The right to object
Unless we have overriding legitimate grounds for such processing, you may object to us using your personal data if you feel your fundamental rights and freedoms are impacted. You may also object if we use your personal data for direct marketing purposes (including profiling) or for research or statistical purposes. Please notify your objection to us and we will gladly cease such processing, unless we have overriding legitimate grounds.
Rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling
You have a right not to be subject to automated decision-making (including profiling) when those decisions have a legal (or similarly significant effect) on you. You are not entitled to this right when the automated processing is necessary for us to perform our obligations under a contract with you, it is permitted by law, or if you have given your explicit consent.
Right to withdraw consent
If we are relying on your consent as the basis on which we are processing your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Even if you have not expressly given your consent to our processing, you also have the right to object (see above).
All SARs and other requests or notifications in respect of your above rights must be sent to us in writing to The Data Protection Manager, Selective Marketplace Limited, 2 Rothley Lodge, Loughborough Rd, Leicester, LE7 7NL or by email at email@example.com.
We will endeavour to comply with such requests as soon as possible but in any event we will comply within one month of receipt (unless a longer period of time to respond is reasonable by virtue of the complexity or number of your requests).
If personal data we hold about you is subject to a breach or unauthorised disclosure or access, we will report this to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).
If a breach is likely to result in a risk to your data rights and freedoms, we will notify you as soon as possible.
Our Sites may contain links and references to other websites. Please be aware that this notice does not apply to those websites.
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of sites that are not operated by us, even if you access them via the Site. We recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
In addition, if you came to this Site via a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
TRANSFERRING YOUR INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE UK OR EEA
As part of the services provided to you the information you provide to us may be transferred to, processed and stored at, countries or international organisations outside of the UK or European Economic Area (“EEA”).
We have customers who are outside of the UK or EEA and in those circumstances, personal data will be transferred outside of the UK or EEA (for instance to shipping partners).
We will not transfer the personal data of UK or EEA customers in a systematic way outside of the UK or EEA but there may be circumstances in which certain personal information is transferred outside of the UK or EEA, in particular:
- If you use our Site while you are outside the UK or EEA, your information may be transferred outside the UK or EEA in order to provide you with our services;
- We may communicate with individuals or organisations outside of the UK or EEA in delivering our services, those communications may include personal information (such as contact information) for example you may be outside of the UK or EEA when we communicate with you;
- From time to time, your information may be stored in devices which are used by our staff outside of the UK or EEA (but staff will be subject to our cyber-security policies).
If we transfer your information outside of the UK or EEA, and the third country or international organisation in question has not been deemed by the EU Commission or Secretary of State (as the case may be) to have adequate data protection laws, we will provide appropriate safeguards and we will be responsible for ensuring your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this notice. If you would like to obtain details of the safeguards we have put in place then please contact us at: Selective Marketplace Limited, 2 Rothley Lodge, Loughborough Rd, Leicester, LE7 7NL firstname.lastname@example.org.
By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storing or processing of your information outside the UK or EEA in the manner described above.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION IF YOU ARE BASED IN THE EEA
If you are in a European Union or European Economic Area (“EEA”) member state then the following paragraphs will apply.
We comply with the EU GDPR and other applicable data protection legislation.
EU GDPR Representative
Our EU GDPR representative who has been appointed in accordance with Article 27 of the EU GDPR is Selective Marketplace Europe GmbH, C/o INOS24 Holding GmbH, Rupert-Mayer-Strasse 44, 81379 München, Germany.
Our GDPR representative is entitled to represent us and act on our behalf with respect to data subjects who are in the European Economic Area or European Union member state.
If you have any query or complaint in relation to data protection or your data rights please contact our GDPR representative.
Our GDPR representative can be contacted at email@example.com.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES TO THE CONTENTS OF THIS NOTICE
We will post details of any changes to our policy on the Site to help ensure you are always aware of the information we collect, how we use it, and in what circumstances if any, we share it with other parties.
If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry or complaint relating to your personal information or how it is handled, you can do so via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we are unable to resolve any issues you may have or you would like to make a further complaint, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office by visiting https://ico.org.uk/ for further assistance.